Register for Peace Camp
Peace Camp For Kids 2020: “Peacemakers: A Bright Spot in Our World”
Online Camp meetings to accommodate COVID-19 social distancing guidelines. Enrolling by July 1 will help ensure that you will receive your materials; we cannot guarantee that you will receive everything that we will be using during the online sessions if you register after this date, though if you live close by, we can try.
Week One: “Peaceful bodies, peaceful deeds,” Tuesday, July 14 and Thursday, July 16
Week Two: “Peaceful garden, peaceful world,” Tuesday, July 21 and Thursday, July 23
Week Three: “Peaceful minds, peaceful community,” Tuesday, July 28 and Thursday, July 30
Peace Camp meetings will take place 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:00-2:00 p.m. An informal shared half-hour lunch period will transition between the two sessions.
Meeting will be held online using Zoom. We will send registrants a link to join the Zoom meeting. You will NOT need to set up a Zoom account or input any information except for student’s first name and last name initial. Please go to Zoom.us for more details about the system.
Children entering first grade through eighth grade in September 2020 are eligible for Peace Camp 2020
- One week $15
- Two weeks: $25
- All three weeks: $30
- Scholarships are available; please email PeaceCampWB@gmail.com and ask!
1. We will send you a link to join the Zoom class meeting. You will NOT need to set up a Zoom account or input any information except for student’s first name and last name initial. Please go to Zoom.us for more details about the system.
2. Each meeting will be live and interactive. Please make sure your student is in a quiet place where a parent can monitor the session. Please remember that everything within the camera viewing area will be visible to the teacher and other students.
3. Sounds & voices can be captured by your device’s microphone and heard by others in the Zoom session. Teachers will mute participants for portions of the session but may unmute participants during discussion or to hear questions.
4. During live sessions, participants may hear and see anything within the audio and camera viewing areas. Please make all household members aware of this. Hanging “Live Video Session” signs around the area or turning the monitor/device camera toward a wall can help with controlling the area.
5. These sessions will be recorded for viewing by the teachers to review their classes for quality. For privacy reasons, recordings will not be made available for students who were unable to attend that session.
6. Please review our Participant Code of Conduct policy (http://peaceandjusticecenter.com/peacecamp/peace-camp-online-participant-code-of-conduct/) and discuss responsible & appropriate behavioral expectations with your student that may applicable online. We will also monitor the students and set virtual classroom expectations so that all participants will have a safe and fun camp experience together!
Enrolling by July 1 will help ensure that you will receive your materials; we cannot guarantee that you will receive everything that we will be using during the online sessions if you register after this date, though if you live close by, we can try.
Step One: fill out the 2020 Online Peace Camp Registration Form
Step Two: Submit the registration fees to the Peace and Justice Center for your child or children through our secure PayPal donation link. Please use the “write a note” option to list the names of the children you are registering so we can be sure to credit your payment properly.
More Information about: